Ideas Powered for Business – SME Fund 2024
The "Ideas Powered for Business" SME Fund is a grant program designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the EU protect their IP rights.
Once again this year, the EUIPO has launched a grant program to help SMEs to protect their IP rights, which allows the company to access a partial reimbursement of the fees paid.
The beneficiaries of these grants will be small and medium-sized companies established in the European Union.
These grants offer the following vouchers to apply for the reimbursement of the following IP related activities:
- Up to €1,000 for Trademarks, Designs and Models.
- Reimbursement of 75 % of trademark and design application fees, fees for additional classes and fees for examination, registration, publication and deferment of publication in the EU and in national or regional offices.
- Reimbursement of 50% of the basic fees for trademark and design application, designation fees and subsequent designation fees outside the EU.
Up to 3.500 € for Patents
- Reimbursement of 75 % of the fees for a “Prior art search report”.
- Reimbursement of 75 % of the fees for filing, search, examination, grant and publication of national protection in an EU member state.
- Reimbursement of 75% of the filing and search fees for European patents filed in the EPO.
- Reimbursement of 50% of the costs of drafting and filing European patent applications, for a maximum amount of 2,000 €, provided that the service has been performed by a professional representative, a lawyer or an association of professional representatives established in the EU and registered in the official list of the EPO.
- Up to €1,500 for Plant Varieties
- Reimbursement of 75% of the online application and examination fees for Community Plant Variety Rights.
The process to benefit from this grant is very simple and is summarized in the following steps:
- Apply for the grant
- Receive approval of the grant and vouchers
- Apply for the IP activity (trademarks, designs, models, patents and plant varieties) and make the payment.
- Obtain reimbursement
The program will run from January 22, 2024 to December 6, 2024.
You can find more detailed information at the following link: