Accelerated examination of Argentinean patent applications based on equivalent patents granted by a foreign Patent Office.Posted on 30/09/2016 by balder
In accordance with Resolution P-056 issued by the Argentinean Patent Office and published in the Patent Bulletin No. 906 of September 21, 2016, accelerated examination of Argentinean patent applications may be requested as from October 15, 2016 based on equivalent patents granted by a foreign Patent Office.
This benefit will be available provided that:
– Technical examination of the application has not yet started on October 15, 2016.
– A technical examination has been completed for the equivalent granted patent on which the request is based.
– The scope of the claims is equal or lower than the claims of the granted patent on which the request is based.
– There is no national prior art depriving the application of novelty and/or inventive step.
– The subject-matter of the application is not excluded from patentability under the national Patent Law.
A resolution should be issued by the Argentinean Patent Office within 60 days as from the request for accelerated examination.
Should you require any further information on this matter, please merely let us know.